Friday, January 1, 2010

Contest: Win the Japanese KitKat Gokaku Mug!

It will come as no surprise to anyone that I'd like to promote this blog and gain more readers. To that end, I'm going to run a contest offering the KitKat mug package as a prize.

If you'd like to win the mug and KitKat, here is what you need to do:
  1. Write up something on your blog, web site or Twitter account about this contest (or my blog, or both).
  2. E-mail me at orchidsixtyfour@gmail.com with a link to your write-up or tweet so that I can see what you've said.*
I will be choosing the winner based solely on my whims. Mainly, I'll be looking for something which demonstrates some wit in a way which I think might compel readers to come and read my blog after reading what you have said. I'm not looking for begging, boot-licking, or gushing, but obviously a post which is positive in nature is going to increase your chances of winning as a negative post isn't likely to drive readers my way.

You could be drinking out of a five-sided cup. You could even give it to two girls to drink out of if you were so inclined.

This contest is open to anyone who e-mails me a link to appropriate content which they have personally composed except those living in South America or Africa. I'm sorry to say that the postal service between Japan and those countries is unreliable and I cannot trust that any package sent from here to those countries will arrive.

The contest will end on January 16 and the winner will be announced on January 18 in the "Variety Friday" post that follows.

Thanks to everyone for reading my blog. If this contest is a success, you can expect to see more of them in the future with a chance at winning more Japanese snack goodies!


*If you don't want to e-mail, you can leave a link in comments, but I won't be publishing any links until the contest is over so your comment will not be seen by anyone but me. Please don't worry if you don't see your comment published. Also, I have lost comments in the moderation process before so e-mail is almost certainly going to be more reliable to enter the contest.

No comments: