Monday, March 29, 2010

KitKat White (Big Bar)


A regular KitKat White bar, that is the type with four fingers, has been available for ages. My husband bought this one because he likes white chocolate and thought this sounded good. Personally, I'd already passed on it as a KitKat which has white chocolate instead of milk didn't sound like much of a variation. However, this being a big bar makes it a bit more appealing because of the higher wafer to white chocolate ratio.

This smells like vanilla and white chocolate. For Japan, a white chocolate bar which actually smells like vanilla is rare since much of what you get with white chocolate here is a powdered or condensed milk flavor. The texture is super crispy row of wafers with firm white chocolate, as one would expect from a big KitKat. The bar is a whopping 44 grams and 12 cm x 2.5 cm x 2 cm (4" in x 1". x .8") in size.


The real acid test of this is the taste and whether or not it's going to be overwhelmingly sweet. It is quite sweet, but is good quality white chocolate and has a classic (American) sugar wafer flavor. I love that grainy sugary sugar wafer flavor and I did enjoy this bar. If I were in the right mood, and could stop myself from scarfing down all 244 calories at once, I'd definitely buy this again. That being said, I would have to really be in the mood for something quite sweet.

You can pick these up at nearly any major convenience store for 105 yen ($1.16) for the time being. Chances are this will be rotated out of the standard stock selection at some point, but you can also be sure that it'll come back around again in the not too distant future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH.. you know I love white chocolate = ) and a big kit kat.. the divinest!!!! I was surprised you liked it, white choco is more on the sweeter side.

I'm making a list of things to cheat with my upcoming b-day.