Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Random Picture #169



While I was sifting through pictures for my 1000 Things blog, I came across this shot of "Hello Kitty" sumo chocolate crunch candies. Personally, though I think the mouthless cat is so overused that it guts any sense I have of her cuteness, I do think the little handkerchief in a kesho mawashi (ceremonial apron) is really adorable. The chocolate, however, is another matter entirely.

If you look at the sample closely, and I'll put a closer shot here to give you a better look...



...it does not look particularly appetizing. In fact, it resembles what one would fish out of Kitty-chan's litter box. Aesthetics are highly prized in Japan, but sometimes, well, the outer wrapping conceals a failure to refine the image of the product itself. 


2 comments:

Kair Luna said...

Usually the posts on here make me hungry, but I don't think that's the case this time lol!

Kair
www.becauseiwanttoknowmore.blogspot.com

Orchid64 said...

I'm absolutely with you on this one!