Thursday, September 19, 2013

Lawson Yuzu-man Tie-up Campaign (product information)


There are certain flavors in Japan which I view as being difficult to love for those who didn't grow up with a taste for them. In this group, I include bean paste (anko), green tea, and, of course, natto (fermented soybean paste). There are other flavors which I think are very accessible and I wonder why they haven't spread to other countries. One of those is yuzu, the citrus fruit that tastes like a cross between a lemon, grapefruit, and orange. It's one of my favorite things from Japan and pretty much the only thing that would compel me to buy convenience store fried chicken (pictured above).


The chicken is yuzu koshyou or citron-pepper flavor, but they're also offering up yuzu popcorn and several themed items featuring the character associated with a musical group called "Yuzu man" that you can collect with points acquired from buying Lawson products including a cushion and a pre-paid card. I don't know anything about the music, besides what the Japanese Wikipedia page tells me, but if a pop group can get more yuzu-flavored products out there, I'm all for it.

No comments: